Director of Finance
The Director of Finance is accountable for the financial operations of the network. This position covers the daily operations and management of all financial accounts. The Director of Finance serves as the fiscal agent for grant and federal contract programs on behalf of ICAHN and the Illinois Rural Community Care Organization (IRCCO).
The Director of Finance reports to the Executive Director and will work closely with the Director of Education and Quality, Director of Business Development, and other members of the ICAHN and Illinois Rural Community Care Organization (IRCCO) teams.
Essential Position Elements:
- Is responsible for the financial and accounting services for the organization (ICAHN IRCCO) which includes payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, monthly reports, closing the books and yearend financial and single audit.
- Monitors and prepares bills for ICAHN business services such as, but not limited to, IT services, managed care, survey solutions, Peer Review and other shared/consulting services.
- Monitors network grants and ensures accurate distribution of grant funds.
- Issues organizational assessments and dues and tracks payments made in follow up.
- Has the authority to enter into logistic arrangement contracts on behalf of the network.
- Is responsible for office management which includes and not limited to equipment maintenance, purchasing,supplies, customer and vendor files and reports and may delegate duties such as filings, mailings, copying materials and answering the office phone to office staff.
- Is responsible for ICAHN office equipment and computer system and is the in house contact for the ICAHN server and website.
- Manages both IRCCO and ICAHN accounts receivable and is able to do and/or delegate collection.
- Is responsible for the Finance Committee and preparation of quarterly network financial statements.
- Assists the executive director with human resource functions and the oversight for the organization’s policies and procedures.
- Has administrative oversight of the Information Technology Services division.
- Performs other duties assigned by the Executive Director and may represent the Executive Director as necessary.
Prerequisites and desired qualifications for this position are as follows
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in accounting, business or healthcare information; Master’s Degree, preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in fiscal services with management and/or financial oversight responsibilities.
- Able to work effectively with Quick Books and understands the operations of its entry and reporting system.
- Able to produce invoices and manage accountable payable and company credit cards.
- Able to close books monthly, reconcile accounts and manage banking responsibilities on behalf of ICAHN and IRCCO.
- Ability to think creatively and provide office management oversight.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously under tight schedules.
- Ability to work independently and be part of a team as well.
- Good verbal and written communication skills; able to do group presentations and work one-on-one.
- Current driver’s license and ability to travel throughout Illinois.